FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How can Dr. Marotta help me with my low back pain/neck pain/headaches etc.?
A: Dr. Marotta utilizes different methods and techniques to help his patients to GET OUT OF PAIN FAST AND PREVENT IT FROM COMING BACK.
Q: What techniques are used?
A: Dr. Marotta uses gentle and specific chiropractic adjustments to REMOVE irritation to your nervous system and RESTORE proper motion to your joints. When the irritation is removed and your joints are no longer “stuck” your body begins to heal itself and work to its full potential.
Dr. Marotta also uses other techniques and methods to get his patients well, including:
- Electrical Stimulation
- Spinal Decompression
- Massage/Soft Tissue Work
- Rehabilitation/Home Exercises
- Nutritional Guidance
Q: Is Chiropractic SAFE?
A: Chiropractic treatment has been scientifically proven to be EXTREMELY SAFE AND EFFECTIVE. Numerous studies have shown that not only are Chiropractic treatments beneficial and safe, but they are the NUMBER ONE TREATMENT FOR PHYSICAL PROBLEMS.
Most of your pain is from a PHYSICAL PROBLEM and therefore NEED and respond well to PHYSICAL MEDICINE such as Chiropractic. CHEMICAL PROBLEMS such as infection respond well to chemicals such as medications. Medications ONLY cover up the SYMPTOMS of your PHYSICAL problem and never FIX the problem.
Q: HOW do these PHYSICAL PROBLEMS start?
A: Partly because we live a very sedentary lifestyle and don’t move ENOUGH. Here are some other causes:
- Trauma: such as slips, falls, car accidents, whiplash, work related injury, etc.
- SMALL, BUT REPETITIVE “MICRO-TRAUMAS” (sitting in front of a computer all day using a mouse and putting pressure on the outside of your palm), Poor Posture, Ergonomics, etc.
- Chemical Irritation: poor diet, toxins from our food, air and water all enter our system and decrease our body’s ability to heal itself.
- STRESS! Stress is NOT just a mental thing. When you are stressed it constricts your blood vessels and diverts blood flow from your organs to your muscles. Thus, giving you decreased function of your organs and increased tension in your muscles.
- Stress also increases your heart rate. This is why chronic stress can lead to heart disease.
- Stress decreases blood flow to your intestines causing digestive issues such as constipation/diarrhea, IBS, etc,
- Stress throws off the balance of your hormones like adrenaline, cortisol and DHEA (precursor to testosterone and estrogen)
- When your ADRENALINE levels are imbalanced you end up with ANXIETY and DEPRESSION symptoms and HEART DISEASE.
- When your CORTISOL levels are imbalanced you end up with WEIGHT GAIN, PAIN SYNDROMES, and SLEEPING PROBLEMS.
- When your DHEA levels are imbalanced you end up with SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION.
Q: WHY SHOULD I SEE A CHIROPRACTOR?
A: Your body is the most advanced machine ever created. Our bodies NEED regular maintenance and tune-ups just like your car, your teeth, your eyes, etc. When we neglect our body or have an ACUTE or CHRONIC injury we end up with SYMPTOMS.
SYMPTOMS are your body’s CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. It is your body’s way of telling you THERE IS A PROBLEM that NEEDS to be fixed.
Symptoms should not be covered up or ignored. If you are experiencing a problem for more than 2 weeks then it has become CHRONIC and needs to be FIXED.
Chiropractic care FIXES THE CAUSE of the problem so that the problem does not return or get worse!
Request A Free Consultation